Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Respect Your Fellow Guildies

Go down 
+5
Jitjit
Manty
Pot
Vincent Ill
Ample
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ample
Beware for the Mean Officer
Ample

Respect Your Fellow Guildies Empty
PostSubject: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 21:11

We have a fantastic guild here, but I hate to think what other players think of us, if people carry on like I saw today. Earlier a guild message invited people to 'come along' for a CoF 'run'. It was terrible. It wasn't until the 2nd level (and a few rebirths later), that we were told it was only the runners 3rd attempt and he had never completed it. This is not a 'run', it is wasting peoples time. To stagger through the 3 levels and then have the nerve to ask fellow guild members for 1k each is embarrasing.
There are so many generous people at the guild who give shards, iscriptions, materials etc that is insulting to ask them for money, for a 'run' that is twice as quick H&H. A 'run' is supposed to be just that - a fast way to the end.
This isn't about being a good or bad player - I couldn't have done the 'run' any better, but I don't get on GC and ask people to come along and then ask for money after they have helped me through it. If you want help trying something out, there are plenty of people who will give advice and show you how to do things. Practice before going public.
I am a new GW player and I listen to others and very rarely tell people they are doing something 'the wrong way', even if I think I know better. Our guild has some very knoweledgable players (I don't count myself amongst them) and we are lucky to have them.
Please think about what you are doing or saying to make it more enjoyable for everyone. And NEVER charge a fellow guildie for help. Sorry for ranting, Ample.

p.s. I still think Aisha is hot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vincent Ill
I'm Very Important
I'm Very Important
Vincent Ill

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 21:32

I agree completely with Ample.
Guildies should never be charged for a run through anything unless specifically stated well before the run takes place, but that is for very few things.
I know personally me and Aisha have run guildies/allies through CoF for free a couple times, and if you wanted to make money from running then get pugs from in town looking for the run. For an alliance and guild the grow it needs to be trustable, and helpful to those who need it =)
All in all i think ample stated the issue and resolution very well Smile
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Pot

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 03:49

Must say I agree on what you both said.No names mentioned but i was also in that run if you need help practising it let me know if you come here and read this ill show you the true way of doing that run where to place hero and yes i said hero as you only need 1 other monk not 2.make sure oyur hero is runed up right for the job and you too and have the right AR .Gimme a shout ill spare some time to help you get it right and as previously stated Never charge guild or alliance as they are your friends if you do find the need to charge which should only be for an outlay you gotta make to get to the run ie Uw costs 1k If ur short on cash ingame then do the run solo a few times you will soon pick things up Remember its helpful advice not having a dig but give me a shout ill dig my monk out and show you how to run Cof i used to run that for 6 months

On the Subject of running anyone needs Gates of Madness gimme a shout too guild and alliance is free public 6k per person and yes that is masters with you afk
Back to top Go down
Vincent Ill
I'm Very Important
I'm Very Important
Vincent Ill

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 08:43

is the GoM HM also?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Pot

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 11:57

If its only one player going in and i choose which henchies to use then yes i can run it HM too
Back to top Go down
Manty
Just Cool
Manty

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 17:38

Yes indeed very nice helpful generous people in this guild. It's simple, treat people as you would like to be treated. Charged 1k at the end of that 'run' was distasteful and disrespectful. The one pug knew to leave after a level Idea
Yea Pot I would be interested in how you run Cof one hero monk style, tho i don't have a monk char yet Smile
alien
Back to top Go down
Jitjit

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr 2008, 20:19

Okay,

This is a formal apoligy to everyone who went on the run with me.

I'm sorry, i didn't know what i was doing. Im sorry that i got you angry.

But in the future, please dont dress me down in public. I really do respect all of you. I was an idiot and a newb. That does not merit a lanblasting in public chat. I am not a dooor mat, i have done all i can to make it up to you guys.

I offered to pay you 2k for the wasted time. Now im offering 5k to everyone who went with me. That is all i can do to make amends Finacially. In the future, i wont do such a boneheaded and disrespectful thing.

Also, as to the other two events: The DoA thing was an accident. My mouse clicked off while i was moving my laptop, cause my sister threw me out of the room. They had to stop, yes, but we continued playing, it was no big deal.

Also, the time i left the dungeon to go watch a movie. That was months ago. I already apoligiesd prefusly for it. Its old business.

Lastly, youre right, meiko is a nice guy. But i honestly dont think im only in the guild cause he wont throw me out. I try to be as respectful and honest as i can be. I mess up, im human. And sometimes i get angry too, like now.

Im also sorry that i rage quit the guild. May i come back please?
Back to top Go down
Ample
Beware for the Mean Officer
Ample

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 04:27

Jitjit, this isn't about anyone publicly picking on anyone. I made a general pissed off statement, with no names mentioned about how I feel about the way friends should be treated. Believe me, I know it it is only a game, but I expect to be treated as I treat others - generously, respectfully, make fun of people and cop it in return - that is life.
In guild chat Aisha pointed out why you had 2/8 for Frostmaw HM after 1 hour of asking. She did not 'dress you down in public', but told you why she and I (I won't speak for others) will not play in your group. You made excuses and lied and we pointed out what you had 'forgotten'.
This is my view only and nothing to do with any other guild members - if other people want you to return to the guild, that doesn't bother me at all. I only have a few hours a week now to play GW and I will be doing it with the people I know I can have fun with.
Apologies to all for raising this issue - this is my last post on the matter - off to H&H something. AH.
Back to top Go down
Aisha
God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals
Aisha

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 06:17

Well too late, I already deleted his User profile from the forum =/
Back to top Go down
http://admala.deviantart.com
Jitjit

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 11:26

okay, i really did forget, first off, it didnt matter me

you failed to mention your comment on the doa thing

next, i preceived an agressive attack on me, wether you ment it that way or not, thats what i thought you were doing
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Aisha

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr 2008, 16:01

alright Jitjit to answer you, no, i'm refusing for you to come back in the guild and second, I want players who won't waste other people's time.

True, it's a game, but when we waste our time on a game, it's frustrating.

Hope you understand that fact.
Back to top Go down
http://admala.deviantart.com
THE METAL KING

THE METAL KING

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2008, 03:45

well said amp i agree with u 110 % . i am not the most "leet " player around , but i'm not silly , if i offend people in the guild/team , i expect to be punished , depending on the offence . just take it on the chin and learn not to make the same mistake twice
Back to top Go down
Tiger
Admin
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 02:24

I think if someone from guild or alliance is going to run you for practice they shouldn't make you pay because it is a practice run and you are guild or alliance, i personaly would only accepte money if they where offering i know that i offer money if people run. Someone from SKOB ran me to Doks and i offered to pay him because that run can only take 4 people and can only be done once.
Back to top Go down
https://cool.bbactif.com
Gecko
Guild's Personal Gecko
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 03:23

You can run to Drok's multiple times O.o. But yeah, anytime that someone's practicing anything, they should explicitly state it. "Hey, I'm going on a trial run through CoF, if anyone wants to tag along." would be an example. Either way, the problem is gone, and I think that other people know to not be a jackass. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Pae
Tiger
Admin
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 04:16

i said doks in NF gecko not droks
Back to top Go down
Pot

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 09:08

hey tiger hate to tell you but the run still can be done multiple times dont accept reward abanddon it and retake that way you can re run docks run numerous times
cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Guild's Personal Gecko
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 13:40

ah, Docks XD

You can do that more than once too, just need to abandon the quest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiger
Admin
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 17:08

ok thanx i will have to do that next time i have a char with that quest
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Guild's Personal Gecko
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 17:09

If you do decide to keep the character there for ferrying purposes, you won't be able to have the character continue on in the storyline, though.
Back to top Go down
Tiger
Admin
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 17:42

i would only do it a few times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Respect Your Fellow Guildies   Respect Your Fellow Guildies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Respect Your Fellow Guildies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Guild :: Guild annoucements-
Jump to: