Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?

Go down 
+2
Aisha
Gecko
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko
Guild's Personal Gecko
Gecko

Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Empty
PostSubject: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 19:07

Stuff like set up for usual builds, what each player should pay attention to, etc.

Edit: I'll write one up, but probably in a week or so. I'll be moving to school in about a week, so there's other stuff that I want to get done first and such - and doing this during work sounds like a good way to blow some time XD

Whee, starting the guide thing. If people want builds, I could probably work on those later. Mine are still old ones Razz - pre-GWEN for The Deep XD and maybe pre-NF for Urgoz ones
The Deep
Main things:
- People who are new and unfamiliar with it NEED to stay behind the experience people and follow team chat/Vent closely. There are certain places to stand/things to do to take less damage/facilitate pulling and generally make the run faster.
- Pay attention to the aspects! It's really easy... . Look at the spot where you see hexes/conditions, and you'll see an icon there that tells you which aspect effect you're under. Read it. e.g. (real examples XP) (1) Aspect of Failure = can't cast in it... so don't try Razz (2) Aspect of Shadows = can't cast use/be targeted by enchantments, so no whining about not getting BIP/BR/whatever
- In PUGs, it'd most often be ordered by professions, so for a Steel Wall 12 Man group it'd be W/As, then eles, then monks, then necros.
- Standard convention has been to number the rooms from 1-4 RIGHT to LEFT (order portals open in) rather than left to right.
- The team MUST be split up at the beginning. The portal will only move to the next one after three people have gone into that area.
- Determine who's going to which room and make sure that people understand before starting the mission. The split is a tank, high damage dealer (SF ele w/ MS), and a monk. Necros and a monk go to room 2 (one w/ a black pad). Check 2nd area for an alternate arrangement under Aspect of Exposure.
- At least one tank should be experienced... or all the tanks should admit to being inexperienced, so that someone can set up to pull at times. One tank pulls; the rest wait to body block.
- Tanks should know how to body block fairly well and know not to stand right on top of each other, as that's really inefficient body blocking. >.>
- Any flowers you encounter here can be toggled. "Use" them once disables them. Using them again PERMANENTLY re-enables them, so it's best to just designate one person to do it or at least have people be aware...

There are numerous builds you can use here, so I'll assume that you'll have at least 2 tanks (adequate for body blocking), a BIP/SS/someone w/ Shivers, and the rest. Skills/things you should bring:
- Inspired/Revealed Enchantment (remove Kanaxai's enchantment - Nightmare Refuge),
- Spinal Shivers/ Shivers of Dread (to interrupt) - tanks should bring ICY swords or axes, maybe ICY daggers on SF assassins, casters cold dmg can help
- BIP/BR - easy e-management, and people will need to sac going from Area 4 to 5
- Recall - for the 3 tanks, usually - used for going from Area 4 to 5
- Shadow Meld and Arcane Mimicry are sometimes used instead but meh Razz
- Spiteful Spirit/Reckless Haste - lots of melee
- Verata's Gaze - to steal Flesh Golems - can help w/ reducing dmg and adding some dmg but not needed that much
- Extinguish - some people like it to remove various conditions occurred - something cheaper engery-wise like Dismiss Condition works well enough too
- fast KD skill (MS/Meteor would require Glyph of Sac, so ftl) - MUST be brought - when Kanaxai/his aspects stop taking damage, KD and later in the last area to spawn Nightmares
- hard rez - at least one Rebirth and one Rez Chant/anything else for possibly low HP chars
- Tanks should bring longbows to help with pulling.
- Tanks should focus more on defense than damage.

1st Area - Aspect of Exhaustion - gain exhaustion every 30s
- Tip: If you're waiting for people to load/stop being AFK, you can hide from the effects of it by going behind the gate. There's really not much special about it.

2nd Area - Rooms are split.
- Let the designated tank go in first; there is usually no tank for room 2, so it doesn't matter for that one. Try NOT to aggro. There are times when you get a crappy spawn, so you can't avoid it. Use standard aggro practice - let the tank hold aggro before going in. Cast what you need, and move back whenever you aren't casting.
- If you're using SF eles w/ MS, save MS until the Ripper Carps are at around 1/2 health.

Aspect of Exposure (leftmost portal) - cannot block attacks
- I've forgotten if this is all rippers or mostly rippers, but either way... the SS can EASILY replace an ele in this room, especially if it's HM.
- Seeing as how you can't block attacks, if you're using a Shadow Form assassin, this is the best room for it.
- Some prot or REALLY strong healing is needed if SF is not being used.

Aspect of Surrender (middle-left portal) - KD when hit by attack
- Being very careful with aggro is especially important here...
- It may be worthwhile to bring anti-KD skills, but it isn't really needed unless something goes REALLY wrong. Ward of Stability could prove to be useful again in Area 8, but again, not needed, unless people mess up.

Aspect of Death (middle-right portal - It's black.) - receive 20% less benefit from healing
- The SS or ele, BIP, and monk stand here. The monk should be spamming HP to help the groups in the rooms next to them; BIP/BR provide energy. No one should aggro, until the other groups meet up with them.

Aspect of Soothing (rightmost portal) - 2x longer to gain adrenaline
- This is generally considered the easiest room and usually doesn't have problems with spawns.

FINISHED with your room
- Casters stay out of the tank's aggro. The tank then watches the monsters run around and tries to pull a group or two of monsters that are RIGHT outside the 2nd door of their area. Standard body blocking and kill - casters against the wall that the tank is nearest to then go in after the tank is holding aggro. Groups can sometimes sneak over to someone else's area to assist, but be careful.

3rd Area - Aspect of Pain - -2 degen & Deep Wound
- It's pretty self-explanatory Razz
- Note that there's a gate from the 3rd to 4th area. Tanks should block there. I usually go with the leftmost side of it. Casters then stand behind the tanks on the ramp area even further left and stay out of aggro until it's being held.

4th Area - Aspect of Lethargy - move 50% slower
- If you have a really experienced tank and alert monks, you can make some HUGE pulls here >Very Happy, but it's better to be cautious anyway. I'd suggest only going about halfway into the room, until you get a good feel for how the team works. o (open spot for puller) o - cast Recall or whatever on a tank to use for emergencies only.
- Pull the Leviathan Arms and Minds first.
- Wall tanks should get ready for the monsters by using whatever defensive skills they have.
- Monks will need to rely on HP while the tank is pulling. BIP MUST be aware that it takes a crapload of energy, so should be spamming BIP on them.

======rawr, too much typing D: - will finish up later XD

Last edited by Gecko on Mon 22 Sep 2008, 15:13; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Pae
Aisha
God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals
Aisha

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 19:15

for those who want to do one when there isn't a leader used to these zones online, should be handy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://admala.deviantart.com
Nath

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 19:59

Would be really good, Gecko. Smile It always helps if you can get an idea of what you're supposed to be doing and what you should expect before you go on your first run - or if you're trying out a new role you haven't played before.
Back to top Go down
FireFox

FireFox

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 23:24

omg omg omg

how I mine for fish?
Back to top Go down
TPMN

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 13:22

The build set I run for HM Urogz, can run this nice and quickly with some experience.
PM If you want a lurer (whos done this b4)

Ranger Lurer - Key Position
Ranger/Paragon
Level: 20
Template Code: OgkkYyZIGeZ0OmPWyhyxmBthwxiB

Expertise: 6
Marksmanship: 8
Wilderness Survival: 8
Command: 12

"Fall Back!" (Command)
"Never Surrender!" (Command)
Dust Trap (Wilderness Survival)
Barbed Trap (Wilderness Survival)
Charm Animal (Beast Mastery)
Comfort Animal (Beast Mastery)
Whirling Defense (Expertise)
Barrage [Elite] (Marksmanship)
--------------------------------------------

R_N - EOE Orders

Cast order of pain onto enemy monks.

Ranger/Necromancer - EOE
Template Code: OgQlckZJ2cJWMJcsYsLlcQbsZYJAdA

Expertise: 3 (2+1)
Beast Mastery: 16 (12+4)
Marksmanship: 9
Wilderness Survival 2
Curses: 9

Viper's Nest (Beast Mastery)
Mark of Pain (Curses)
Edge of Extinction (Beast Mastery)

R Rt Splinter/Trap Spammer
Fav Winds /Trapper - Cast splinter onto Ranger 1 after return from lure

Ranger/Ritualist
Template Code: OgglIqZKGdpWDdxgdsZQbkcIcsYgxA

Expertise: 10
Beast Mastery: 3
Marksmanship: 10
Wilderness Survival: 8 (4+4)
Channeling Magic: 10

Flesh of my Flesh (Restoration Magic)
Favorable Winds (Marksmanship)
Splinter Weapon (Channeling Magic)

R_rt - Spirit Spammer
Assist Ritualist with Sprit wall with Rit Spirits. Cast splinter onto Necro rangers as well as self.

Ranger/Ritualist
Template Code: OggkIyZGmdp0iBGTyxmBtR5EmzFD

Expertise: 10
Marksmanship: 9 (6+3)
Wilderness Survival: 6
Channeling Magic: 12

Splinter Weapon (Channeling Magic)
Bloodsong (Channeling Magic)
Destruction (Channeling Magic)

Rit Sprit Wall
Basic Job - Create a spirit wall

Ritualist/Monk
Template Code: OAOjAykc4QBTOTWPPOhTkTzTXMA

Spawning Power: 15 (12+3)
Communing: 13 (12+1)
Restoration Magic: 3

Ritual Lord [Elite] (Spawning Power)
Boon of Creation (Spawning Power)
Shelter (Communing)
Union (Communing)
Displacement (Communing)
Earthbind (Communing)
Vital Weapon (Communing)

Martry Monk
Martyr is to remove conditions from lurer.
Necro will purge conditions on the Martyr monk.
May swap res chant for rebirth.

Monk/Mesmer
Template Code: OwUjApPazSbE1DgRfEBEBBqEoRA

Divine Favor: 11 (10+1)
Healing Prayers: 14 (11+3)
Protection Prayers: 11 (10+1)

Dwayna's Kiss (Healing Prayers)
Protective Spirit (Protection Prayers)
Jamei's Gaze (Healing Prayers)
Heal Party (Healing Prayers)
Aegis (Protection Prayers)
Arcane Mimicry (Mesmer other)
Martyr [Elite] (Monk other)
Resurrection Chant (Healing Prayers)

HB Monk 1
HB Monk - Heal , says it all really

Monk/Warrior
Template Code: OwEjAtPYzSbE1DgRfEBE5gxVyEA

Divine Favor: 12 (11+1)
Healing Prayers: 15 (11+4)
Protection Prayers: 9 (8+1)

Dwayna's Kiss (Healing Prayers)
Protective Spirit (Protection Prayers)
Jamei's Gaze (Healing Prayers)
Heal Party (Healing Prayers)
Seed of Life (Monk other)
Healer's Boon [Elite] (Divine Favor)
Rebirth (Protection Prayers)

1 HP Necro
1 HP Necro - take a 55 hp celestia.
All +3 Runes to get to 55hp.
This is an intense job.
- best to take some +90 health armor for bridge with fireflowers, so you can raise health and cross bridge without requiring rebirth.
You'll be required to keep the monks bipped at all times, and also bip the rest of the team - Monks/Rit/Eles, Rangers occasionly (esp during trap laying starts), During the start sequence , you'll need to keep the monks full on e - giving them a perment +N Bip - at no time during the first big lure/kill sequence shall a monk be without bip on them at all times. The Necro plays 3rd Aegis when required - e.g. like at the start.
This takes good timing, at 1 hp - you'll get a res from the rit or rangers - so just make sure you keep well back out of the agro once the heat starts.

Necromancer/Monk
Template Code: OANEQcRm+n8G3hhwFiRAB1yE

Soul Reaping: 10+3
Blood Magic: 12+4
Death Magic: 4+3
Protection Prayers: 7

Awaken the Blood (Blood Magic)
Blood is Power [Elite] (Blood Magic)
Order of Pain (Blood Magic)
Well of Blood (Blood Magic)
Consume Corpse (Death Magic)
Reverse Hex (Protection Prayers)
Rebirth (Protection Prayers)
[/quote]

SF Ele Urgoz x 4
Target Dem monks first;-)

Elementalist/Mesmer
Template Code: OgViowMMpMAMsEgM00Q30LgLA

Energy Storage: 13 (12+1)
Fire Magic: 16 (12+4)

Glyph of Sacrifice (Elementalist other)
Meteor Shower (Fire Magic)
Arcane Echo (Mesmer other)
Glyph of Lesser Energy (Energy Storage)
Liquid Flame (Fire Magic)
Searing Flames [Elite] (Fire Magic)
Rodgort's Invocation (Fire Magic)
Fire Attunement (Fire Magic)
Back to top Go down
Annalisa
I'm Very Important
I'm Very Important
Annalisa

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 13:31

And you are???

Would be fun if u would actually use ur normal gw name on the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Guild's Personal Gecko
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 19:47

I'm guessing that's Aurora (had said something on Vent about posting here).
Back to top Go down
Annalisa
I'm Very Important
I'm Very Important
Annalisa

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008, 14:41

Yes I know now Smile
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Aisha

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008, 16:26

I believe as in a Guide Gecko meant to explain how to run thru urgoz, the tips and tricks you have to do. The build alone isn't a lot of help.

Yes this is a old fashioned build, it was like what a year ago, nowadays there are new builds that are more effective and fun to play.

Sry but i've done this build like too many times with the SoDD and the LgF, the old guild I was in, pretty much bored with this now. Mostly because it's a no-brain build almost, spam spam and spam, find the healers, Ms on them and spam again, i'm not telling about the bipper x) (which was I mostly did back in the days)
Back to top Go down
http://admala.deviantart.com
Annalisa
I'm Very Important
I'm Very Important
Annalisa

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2008, 16:27

yes I agree my "1-button" is dead now... ( i was the BiP)

And Scargi was still crying for more energy!!
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Guild's Personal Gecko
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008, 02:00

eh, that's pretty much how it is w/ most stuff, though, Aisha Razz
Back to top Go down
Gecko
Guild's Personal Gecko
Gecko

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 14:08

So, this has been absurdly delayed (school + 2 jobs :O + stuff) D:, but I'll start poking at stuff.
Back to top Go down
Annalisa
I'm Very Important
I'm Very Important
Annalisa

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 15:24

Gg on the Deep guid gecko!!
I'm sure this will help alot!

Can't wait to read the Urgoz one!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?   Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do people want Deep/Urgoz guides?
Page 1 of 1