Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Meiko
TEH Boss!
Meiko

Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds Empty
PostSubject: Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds   Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds Icon_minitimeFri 07 Mar 2008, 14:41

Here are three of my favorite prot monk builds for HM PvE play:

The core of all of my prot builds are: Shield of Absorption, Prot Spirit, Spirit Bond, and Glyph of Lesser Energy. With those 4 skills a monk can turn anything into a tank and keep the tank alive unless there are too many enchant strips etc during the fight.

1. Spell Breaker/Bonder
Monk/Elementalist
Attributes:
Prot: 15 (12+1+2)
Divine: 14/16 bring a sup divine head piece for this build and use when casting SB

Skills:
Spell Breaker (SB)
Shielding Hands
Shield of Absorption (SoA)
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Prot Spirit (PS)
Spirit Bond
Balthazar's Spirit
Life Bond

This build works great for almost any area as it gives good prot vs enemy spells and melee and with spell breaker protects the tank from enchant stips (unless the strip is a monster skill like the incubus). I usually run a hero with Symbiosis spirit and 8 points in Beast Mastery to give the tank a lot of extra health as well. If you are using this build just make sure you put the enchants on the tank before they aggro and not while they are going in, if the monsters see enchants go on the tank they will just go around and into the casters and not stick to the tank.

Hybrids of the build:
a. I sometimes trade out balthazar's spirit and life bond for these skills: pain inverter, you move like a dwarf, finish him, rebirth, and in places like dungeon 2 where there is heavy melee dmg aegis.
b. Spell Breaker can be changed for Zealous Benediction if you want to carry a heal.

2. WoH/Prot Monk
This build is for people who like to play heal/prot hybrids.
Monk/Elementalist
Attributes:
Heal: 11
Prot: 14 (11+1+2)
Divine Favor: 10 (8+2)

Skills:
Word of Healing
Healing Seed
Shield of Absorption
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Prot Spirit
Spirit Bond
Open slot for: Aegis, you move like a dwarf, pain inverter, reversal of fortune, dismiss condition, mind bender
Rebirth

This build is not something you find on wiki, but I used it for a long time and it plays well. I prefer WoH to ZB because of the 5e cost always as opposed to the sometimes 3e and sometimes 10e cost of ZB, that way I am never shy about healing the tank if needed, and WoH heals for nearly the same amount as if the tank is below 50% health. I cast healing seed, prot spirit, and spirit bond on the tank before they aggro, then alternate SoA and spirit bond on the tank to keep them alive. Use Healing seed on the tank as much as you can, and used with SoA will usually heal the tank back up to full health.

3. Life Sheath/Heal Hybrid
Monk/Elementalist
Attributes:
Heal: 10
Prot: 15 (12+1+2)
Divine: 10 (8+2)

Skills:
Gift of Health
Life Sheath
Shield of Absorption
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Prot Spirit
Spirit Bond
Open slot for: mind bender, pain inverter, reversal of fortune, you move like a dwarf, shielding hands
Rebirth

This build works well for keeping a tank alive as well, you can throw life sheath, prot spirit, and spirit bond on the tank before the aggro and have enough time to let the aggro settle on the tank before you need to reapply prots. Life Sheath, prot spirit, and SoA work nicely together and there will be times when the tank is taking 0 dmg which will let the heal monks have time to regen if needed.

For my groups I most often use the first build I posted, but any of these 3 prot builds work well. For HM play I set up with me as prot monk, and 2 other healers, 1 HB heal monk, and 1 N/Rt Restoration healer. Here are the builds (that your heros can play as well) which have been proven to work very well in almost any zone, mission, and dungeon:

Healer's Boon Hero Heal Monk:
Monk/Ranger
Attributes:
Heal: 15 (12+1+2)
Divine: 12 (10+2)
Beast Mastery: 8

Skills:
Healers Boon (HB)
Ethereal Light
Dwayna's Kiss
Words of Comfort
Healing Seed
Cure Hex
Resurrection Chant (disabled)
Symbiosis (disabled)

I manually put down Symbiosis at the start of fights in a safe place, and usually let the N/Rt manage the rezzes, this heal build works great and only really has a hard time vs party wide spikes such as an enemy droping Savanah Heat on 3 or more party members, or party wide degen can also create some difficulties, but this build works great for a hero heal monk. If being played by a human player running HB/HP is good.

Xinrae's Weapon Heal Necro
Necro/Rt
Attributes:
Soul Reaping: 14 (12+1+1)
Restoration: 12
(run Soul Reaping at 12 and Communing at 8 if using Shelter)

Skills:
Mend Body and Soul
Spirit Light
Xinrae's Weapon
Spirit Transfer
Life
Open spot for Rejuvenation, Recuperation, Shelter or anything else you like to put here
Protective Was Kaolai
Flesh of my Flesh or Death Pact Signet

This build is very good for a hero healer in HM play, the necro can provide big heals, a bit of prot, remove conditions, and has great e-management with soul reaping.

So the roles of this 3 member prot/heal team are:

Human Prot Monk: prevent/reduce damage to the tank so they can get a clean aggro grouping so the enemy group sticks to the tank and doesnt scatter or come back into the 2nd line casters. Keeps tank alive, and prevents members from being killed by spikes. This is the hardest role to play as the prot monk prevents spikes by applying the prots before the damage comes, you learn this through experience and knowing which monsters can spike and how they do so.

HB Hero Healer: replaces lost health to tank and 2nd line casters, removes hexes, puts down symbiosis spirit to boost party health.

Heal necro/rt: also replaces lost health from damage, removes conditions, provides 2 party heals, and as long as party is killing enemies will not run out of energy in a long fight.

If anyone has any questions etc about any of these builds or how they are used please let me know and I am happy to help.

Meiko

Last edited by Meiko on Sun 17 Aug 2008, 03:31; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pimpmymeiko.com
Aisha
God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals
Aisha

PostSubject: Re: Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds   Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds Icon_minitimeFri 07 Mar 2008, 15:30

Thanks for the builds! Wuv those (not u Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
http://admala.deviantart.com
Vincent Ill
I'm Very Important
I'm Very Important
Vincent Ill

PostSubject: Re: Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds   Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds Icon_minitimeFri 07 Mar 2008, 15:45

nice hybrids =)
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Aisha
Aisha

PostSubject: Re: Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds   Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds Icon_minitimeFri 07 Mar 2008, 16:18

check the edit button sweet poo, it's on top, the B&W button. Enjoy editing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://admala.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds   Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meiko's fav prot builds and hero builds
Page 1 of 1